Making an exceptional wine requires stewardship and attention to detail. The same is true of achieving Napa Green Winery certification. Napa Green Certified Wineries implement a minimum of 100 sustainability measures to:
- Save energy and increase energy efficiency
- Conserve water and increase water use efficiency
- Reduce waste through recycling, composting and environmentally preferable purchasing
- Drawdown greenhouse gas emissions and the winery's carbon footprint
- Care for employees, build engagement around sustainability and be good neighbors
The whole facility is third-party certified, from the cellar to offices to tasting room and outdoor landscaping. Knowledgeable Napa Green staff are available to help with every step of the certification process.
Benefits of the Napa Green Winery program:
- Cut costs and increase profit margins. As of January 2018 more than $280,000 in annual energy cost savings have been identified, along with $180,000 in energy rebates, not to mention the savings from other efficiency improvements.
- Integrated Resource Assessment - receive a one-stop, whole system energy, water and waste “audit” with an experienced engineer. The Assessment establishes metric baselines to track continuing improvement, provides practical no- and low-cost recommendations and facilitates rebates.
- Leverage sustainability certification to increase market access - grocery stores, restaurants, international export markets.
- Build engagement through operational and communications workshops and resources.
- Enjoy peace of mind that you are meeting and exceeding environmental regulatory compliance.